Monday, April 28, 2008

on a hippie trail, head full of zombie

I took off from Seattle on Saturday afternoon. I landed in Melbourne, Australia Monday morning. Sunday, April 27th, 2008 never existed. This is only one of the many things I'm still fuzzy on. What day is it? What time is it? What season is it? When I walk across this street, what direction is the car that runs me over going to come from?

I've been here for 10 hours and so far: no kangaroos, dingos haven't eaten my baby, Crocodile Dundee is no where to be found and there isn't one damned shrimp on that barbie. The Australian cliches we Americans are so fond of are woefully disappointing.


1 comment:

Kimber said...

my roommate is australian. she said dingoes don't eat babies anymore. lame, i know.

go down to the docks and talk to some cruisers. come back and tell us what they said... about whatever. we're interested!