Tuesday, July 8, 2008

fourth of july

So there I was, innocently standing on the deck of our houseboat talking to someone during our houseboat Fourth of July party. The next thing I know:



And who is smiling down at me from the dock?



So after crawling out and a furious chase up and down the dock and around the house a few times, I finally caught her.

"Your pants are going into the lake. If you'd like to be in them when they do, you should maybe stand up."



A brief struggle...



..and justice was served.



me: "It's ok. I'll just buy a new iPhone. I didn't need that one anyways."

Christy: "Oh SHIT! I'm so sorry!!!"

me: HARHARHAR



OK, it was a petty victory but it made me feel a little better anyways. We were the only two to brave the water on the fourth since the temperatures were typical Seattle three-day weekend temps. That is to say, not warm.

The rest of the day was spent drinking beer, eating BBQ, and paddling back and forth to the group of friends anchored out in Lake Union on a raftup of sailboats. We watched the fireworks on lawn furniture we hauled up onto the roof.


Jim, Christy and I.


One of the many trips back and forth on the kayak.


Skipper Mike!


Seattle skyline from the roof of the houseboat.


Fisher and I hauling dinghies back to the houseboat from the sailboat raft up out in the lake.


BANG.


KAPOW.


KERBLOOWEE.


Skipper Kim!


Christy schooling Kim on leg wrasslin'


Me channeling Lincoln Hawk. "The world meets nobody halfway. When you want something, you gotta take it."

Wicked fun party. We're really going to miss houseboat life when we leave. Summers here are so much fun. So. Much. Fun.

Ben, owner of a beautiful Westsail 28, was one of the folks rafted up on Lake Union. He took some great shots of the party out on the lake here.

3 comments:

Kimber said...

well sledge, i held my ground against christy in arm wrestling. of course there's no documenting THAT, though. right.

next party theme:

Swimming with Furries!

Jason said...

You missed 'jammie night at Duck Dodge tonight. KenV was dressed up in his furry outfit.

Hot!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I was amazed no one went in over in water-world.