Wednesday, March 12, 2008

huntingford custom pilothouse

On our way down to Portland to hang with Christy's aunt and uncle, we veered off the route just a skosh to head over to Sequim and check out the Stan Huntingford-designed custom pilothouse.

Lots of questions came about the boat and we need some answers before we can decide anything. And we need to look at lots more boats before we can decide how this one compares.


I'm hesitant to call it a pilothouse. It doesn't have that trawler-with-a-stick aesthetics that pilothouse implies. It's more of a raised salon with an interior helm.


Comfy cockpit.


Nice sunny salon.


Rigorously tested stanchions.


What do we find in the winch handle pocket? A spatula. Of course.


It has a smaller skeg protecting the prop shaft and propellor. But mostly, I'm just showing off my wicked cool waterproof camera.


R _ D _ R. Vanna, I'd like to buy a vowel, please.


Burly deck to hull joint with reinforcing struts.


This is a hull core sample compared with a hull core sample of a Catalina 36.

Hmm.

More (way more) pictures in the smugmug gallery.

4 comments:

McKenzie said...

It's like I wasn't even there :(

Love the boat - you should buy it!!!

Jason said...

What are you talking about? You're right there in the first picture!

If I didn't say thanks before: thanks for all the photography! You and Christy did a kickass job taking pictures while I was wiggling around on the floor trying to figure out how to get under the floor in the salon.

Brett said...

that Vana looks alot like my friend MAC! nice boat, I agree. But the cockpit looks a little tight for happy hour. from my limited sailing experience, happy hour is the most important part of sailing.

Jason said...

Brett, you are clearly wise in the ways of sailing.